Busch Gardens Williamsburg Releases Membership Benefits
Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Virginia is the latest park to offer a membership pass option. Today, the park released information on the benefits that can be used by those in the program.
The benefits given by the new program change on a monthly basis. The benefits broken down by month include:
- April: Reserved Preseating Pre-Sale from April 6-9 for May 5th performance of Shopkins Live, and 1 hour of ERT on Battle of Eire and Loch Ness Monster on April 27th.
- May: Bonus Busch Gardens Ticket valid from May 4th to May 30th, Bonus Ticket for Water Country USA valid on May 19th to May 20th, Reserved Preseating Pre-Sale for Food & Wine Festival concerts, and 1 hour of ERT on Tempesto and Apollo’s Chariot on May 18th.
- June: 1 Free Food & Wine Sample (excludes Alcohol), 25% off on Busch Gardens Quick Queue & Quick Queue Unlimited(Premier Members save 50%), 30 minutes early entry to both parks on June 30th, and 1 hour of ERT on Verbolten and Mach Tower on June 22nd.
- July: 25% off on Busch Gardens Quick Queue & Quick Queue Unlimited(Premier Members save 50%), 30 minutes early entry to both parks on every Saturday, and 2 hours ERT on rides in Splash Country on July 13th.
- August: 25% off on Busch Gardens Quick Queue & Quick Queue Unlimited(Premier Members save 50%), 30 minutes early entry to both parks on every Saturday, and free lanyard.
- September: Exclusive picnic event, and exclusive sneak peek of Howl-O-Scream
- October: 10% off merchandise purchases
- November: Exclusive sneak peek of Christmas Town
- December: Free Christmas Ornament
The membership plan was introduced earlier the this year with three options. The three plans being offered are Basic Membership, Unlimited Membership, and Premier Membership, at rates of $12, $17, and $22 respectively.
The benefits vary depending on the plan chosen. The benefits include:
- Basic Membership: Park admission with select blackout dates throughout the year, half-price general parking, special offers, exclusive events, in-park discounts, and guest ticket discounts.
- Unlimited Membership: Park admission with no blackout dates throughout the year, free general parking, two free guest tickets per year with discounts on additional guest tickets, and all the other benefits found in a Basic Membership
- Premier Membership: Park admission to 11 parks in the SeaWorld family, free preferred parking, three free guest tickets per year with discounts on additional guest tickets, and all the other benefits found in a Basic Membership
Guests who have active Annual Passes can keep their passes, or they can convert to a new plan with the expanded benefits. Any guest that purchased an annual pass within the past 12 months, will be allowed out of their current pass contract. When the pass is converted to the Membership Program, it will restart the initial 12 month agreement. The new membership pricing will be locked in for 12 months. After 12 months, the park has the option to increase the price of everyone’s Memberships simultaneously or leave the pricing the same.
So what exactly is the difference for current Platinum Pass Holders? The new program will likely cost slightly more depending how long ago you purchased your pass. (for us it would be $5.00 more per month).
The membership program isn’t the only thing new at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. 2018 brings the debut of an all new Action VR Ride. Battle For Eire will be an immersive 360-degree virtual reality adventure. The Otherworld needs a warrior. So, guests will team up with the last fairy guardian, Addie, and set out to rescue the sacred Heart of Eire. Riders will soar above the lush landscapes and mystifying powers of the Otherworld as they prepare to battle the dark forces!
Here’s a quick behind the scenes look at the new rides creation process.
How do you feel about the introduction of the Membership plans? We would love to hear your feedback! Let us know on our socials!
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
More Great Videos!