Disney’s Animal Kingdom: New Show Revealed by Walt Disney World
Tonight, during Disney’s “Awaken Summer” multi day media event, we attended an exclusive sneak peek preview of the upcoming Rivers of Light show. During the preview, as shown below, we got to watch a segment from the middle of the upcoming Rivers of Light show. Keep in mind this is only a preview from a small segment of the full length show that will debut later this year.
When the final show is presented, there will be many other visual elements not shown in the preview. Plus, the floating lotuses that you see on the water will dance and move. The sneak peek was truly spectacular with an amazing assortment of colorful water features. We can’t wait to see what new twists will be added for the world debut!
At the end of tonight’s preview, Disney confirmed that Rivers of Light will be pushed back while they polish the show. BUT, in even bigger news, they announced that they will be bringing another all new show to Animal Kingdom for a limited run!
Discovery River will become the stage for a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film “The Jungle Book” titled “Jungle Book: Alive with Magic”. This all new show will be filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence. “Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” will take place on Discovery River THIS SUMMER!
Disney is embracing it’s new “Night Life” at Animal Kingdom with parties, music, an exciting atmosphere, and of course, the magic of nature. Starting this Memorial Day Weekend, guests will be able to enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom in a whole new way.. once the sun goes down! Whether it’s riding Kilimanjaro Safaris, floating along Kali River Rapids, dancing alongside African performers in Harambe, or dancing along with a live musical celebration of Disney’s hit film “The Jungle Book,” park guests have a lot to look forward to!
Along with the new Jungle Book show, here’s what to expect this summer at Animal Kingdom:
- The Tree of Life Awakens: The park’s iconic Tree of Life will undergo extraordinary “awakenings” throughout the evening as the animal spirits are brought to life by magical fireflies that reveal colorful stories of wonder and enchantment. High-tech projections of nature scenes take on a magical quality as they magically appear on the Tree of Life. We got to experience an exclusive run through of this during tonight’s media event, and WOW! This was beyond amazing! Watch below:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris after Dark: Guests can enjoy Kilimanjaro Safaris in the evening hours, thanks to special lighting that will allow guests to explore the savanna – and its inhabitants – well into the night. During the expedition, guests can now encounter the nighttime behavior of the wildlife and better tune in to the unique vocalization of the animals. Plus, there are two new species to discover: African wild dogs and hyenas.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti: When the sun goes down, the popular Village of Harambe will become a hot spot with the new Harambe Wildlife Parti. Here, “party animals” can dance alongside a variety of entertainers and local street musicians, and enjoy the lively rhythms of African music. Guests can also partake in exotic foods and libations, and explore the diverse wares of village artisans and merchants in the vibrant marketplace.
- Discovery Island Carnivale: The spirited community of Discovery Island has come together to celebrate their love of the natural world with the Discovery Island Carnivale. This nightly experience will captivate guests with lively music, jubilant dance, vibrant costumes, stilt walkers and tasty culinary creations — winding from one end of the island to the other.
- Tiffins Signature Restaurant: In addition to the diverse new entertainment offerings, guests will enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s new signature eatery, Tiffins. Open for both lunch and dinner, this new signature dining experience will celebrate the art of traveling and include waterfront views from both indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Nighttime Attractions: The park’s attractions, now operating in the nighttime hours, will take on a whole new life. For the first time, guests will be able to experience the thrill of attractions like Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids – surrounded by darkness. They’ll also be able to enjoy colorful midway games and attractions in DinoLand, U.S.A.
- Rivers of Light: This illuminating musical experience (currently in development with a premiere date to be announced soon) will celebrate the magic of animals, humans and the natural world with a blend of performers, floating lanterns and theatrical animal imagery.
Aside from all these exciting new 2016 offerings, Disney is continuing work on their new Avatar land, which is expected to open in early 2017.
Are you excited about all the new happenings around Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below or on our socials!
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!