Holiday World Re-Tracking The Voyage – VIDEO
Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari have always been known for their unique holiday theme-ing and award wining rides, but those rides don’t just sit in the snow and wait on guests each winter. It takes a lot of hard work and maintenance to keep rides running safely… and SMOOTH!
During the off season, Holiday World announced that they will be doing some track work on The Voyage — one of the best wooden roller coasters in the world. (Don’t worry… it’ll be open for the 2018 season)! Check out this video showing an up-close look at the re-tracking project.
Here’s a few photos showing off some of the track work:
Aside from The Voyage receiving some TLC, Holiday World is investing a total of $3.5 million in new attractions and other improvements for 2018 with new slides, a wave pool, New shows, and much more!
New in 2018 will include:
- Tembo Falls – a water slide complex with eight junior slides, including twisters, a helix, a mini-bowl, and two racing slides
- Tembo Tides – a junior wave pool plus spray features for younger children
- Huge Themed Maze for Happy Halloween Weekends
- All new entertainment, including a stunt show, musical magic show, and strolling brass band
- Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- Riverside Retreats – mini cabanas in Splashin’ Safari
- Electric Car Charging Station
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will open for its 2018 season on Saturday, May 5th. So until then, fans will have to settle for watching the park webcam here….
Season Passes for 2018 are currently discounted through January 15th. On-line applications for seasonal employment will go live on January 12th. For tickets and more information, visit the official Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
MORE GREAT VIDEOS FROM COASTER NATION!