NEW Star Wars Experiences Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
A galaxy of new Star Wars experiences are coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios beginning mid-December. Some of the new additions are inspired by the new film “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” that opens in theaters worldwide on December 16. The announcements were made tonight at a special Star Wars celebration hosted by Disney Parks Blog at Walt Disney World’s epcot theme park.
Guests, including fans of the epic space saga, will find new entertainment, special displays inside Star Wars Launch Bay, a first-ever Star Wars themed tour and more at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Premiering this Month
- Star Wars Launch Bay – a multi-sensory space celebrating all things Star Wars – is now updated with authentic replicas from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” joining other Star Wars memorabilia in the preview gallery. Making-of footage from “Rogue One” has been added to the “Meet the Makers” film featured in Star Wars Launch Bay.
- In the popular daytime stage show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away,” guests will get a first look at AWR Troopers from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” Outfitted in their specialized Stormtrooper armor with a dark, ominous gleam, these soldiers serve as bodyguards and enforcers for Director Krennic, a highly placed officer within the Advance Weapons Research (AWR) division of the Empire. A new Troopers sequence will join the show Dec. 16. Performances daily.
- The fan favorite nighttime show, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16 and will join “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park through Dec. 31. The show will continue to be presented in 2017.
- Starting mid-December, randomized tracks will be returning to Star Tours – the Adventures Continue, the popular attraction that uses motion simulator-based technology. Instead of each ride experience launching from the planet of Jakku, the attraction will be randomized to both start and end at different locations for every galactic journey. New scenes from “Star Wars: Episode VIII” will be added to Star Tours in the coming year.
New in 2017
For the ultimate fan comes the ultimate tour. An all-new Star Wars guided tour is a seven-hour immersion in all the park’s current Star Wars experiences. Here’s what it includes:
- A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide
- Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
- An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
- Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
- Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
- A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
Kids ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Priced at $129 per person, tours begin Jan. 2 and will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations for January tours can be made soon.
During the event, hosted by Disney Parks Blog, Fans went nuts when the famed Spaceship Earth was transformed into the Star Wars Super Weapon Death Star!
Also during the private event, Rogue One actor, Mads Mikkelsen made a special surprise appearance! Mads portrys the charactyer of Galen Erso in the new Rogue One Star Wars film.
This latest flight of additions celebrating the Star Wars saga continues to elevate the Star Wars presence at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Entire Star Wars-themed lands are now under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and also at Disneyland Park in California! Click here to watch the FULL Event at epcot including the transformation of Spaceship Earth into Death Star!
For more information about Walt Disney World including tickets, visit the official Walt Disney World website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe to YouTube