Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor Debuting World’s Tallest Water Coaster in 2020
Six Flags Great America—the Thrill Capital of the Midwest—today announced an innovative, record-breaking new water coaster coming to the park’s Hurricane Harbor in 2020―Tsunami Surge. This-state-of-the-art water attraction will be the tallest water coaster in the world towering over 86 feet high, using water-blasting jet- propulsion technology for lightning fast uphill speeds and adrenaline-pumping drops.
For the first time at any Six Flags park, Tsunami Surge will feature new, AquaLucent visual effects that create mind-blowing bursts of colors and dreamlike patterns, intensifying the ride experience.
Tsunami Surge highlights include:
- A world record-breaking height of 86 feet
- An incredible 950-ft. long and 8 stories hig
- Speeding riders through twists and tunnels at over 28 mph
- Three gravity-defying uphill blasts using water to propel riders over 950 feet of enclosed tunnels and open air slides
- Five winding hairpin turns
- Five breathtaking drops
- A unique ride experience with AquaLucent effects.
Tsunami Surge will be the waterpark’s 25th attraction and is scheduled to debut during the 2020 season in the Riptide Bay area of Hurricane Harbor.
For tickets and more information, visit the official Six Flags website here. Go Big! Go Six Flags!
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!