Third Annual Taste Of The Carolinas Begins This Weekend At Carowinds
If you’re interested in trying some delicious food unique to the Carolina’s, Taste of The Carolina’s is for you. The event runs Saturdays and Sundays through May 14. Starting this weekend, Carowinds is bringing together foods from seven different regions of the Carolinas. Those regions and their menus are:
- Asheville/Mountain region- smoked egg and pork belly salad, mushroom raviolli with wild herb butter, and pecan cinnamon bread pudding with cream cheese icing
- Outer Banks- frog legs (yes, you read that right, frog legs), fried catfish with Calabash hushpuppies, and seafood potato croquettes
- Lexington Barbecue- beer-basted pork slider, barbecue chicken slider, and barbecue ribs
- Upstate South Carolina- sweet potato pop-over, spring onion bread pudding with pickled peaches, and butterbean sliders with pimento cheese and arugula
- South Carolina Barbecue region- pulled pork spring rolls with Carolina mustard sauce, barbecue roasted corn and poached peaches over gelato
- Lowcountry- peanut and oyster stew, tomato pie, and bourbon chocolate fritters
- Charleston- sweet-tea glazed chicken, crispy shrimp and grits, and Lady Baltimore cake
Back by popular demand this year is wine and beer tastings. These drinks come from locally owned and operated businesses: Benford Brewing, RJ Rockers, Childress Vinyards, and Biltmore Estate.
During the event, you can also check out celebrity chef demonstrations at Harmony Hall. On April 22, Damaris Phillips, host of South at Heart on FOOD NETWORK will sizzle the crowd. On April 30 as well as May 6-7, Chef Alyssa will show off her cooking skills. She can be seen competing on FOOD NETWORK’s show, Beat Bobby Flay as well as is in her new line of sandwich dips and spreads that are sold in retail locations.
In addition to yummy food, professional dancers will be there to teach you the Shag- the official dance of South Carolina. Also, professional wood carvers will be there turning a simple piece of wood into an art masterpiece. At the vendor booths you’ll also find ice carvers and vegetable carvers.
For tickets and more information, visit the Carowinds website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
MORE GREAT VIDEOS