Video: Dynamics of Time Traveler Explained – Silver Dollar City
Time Traveler, the world’s fastest, steepest, and tallest spinning roller coaster is in its final stages of testing at Silver Dollar City. Today, the park sent us a new video explaining the dynamics of the first-of-its-kind spin on this revolutionary coaster. Get a sneak peek and learn about the the science and technology behind the inner workings of this new ride!
The new record-breaking coaster will debut when the park opens for the 2018 season on March 14th.
The $26 million ride will be the park’s largest attraction as well as introduce the world to a whole new era of coasters. The coaster is custom-designed to fit the park’s mountainous terrain. In total, the track crosses over itself a whopping 14 times!
The construction of the ride has been well documented by the Coaster Nation crew since the announcement. We have reported numerous milestones such as the unique construction tour, the unveiling of the trains, and the exclusive video of the testing.
Let’s take a look at a few of the records Time Traveler will break when it opens on March 14th:
- Fastest – Top speed of 50.3 miles per hour
- Steepest – A 10-story, 90-degree vertical drop…straight down. Custom-engineered to have
an immediate out-of-the-station, gravity-driven drop down an Ozarks mountainside
- Tallest – Custom-designed for mountainous terrain with its tallest point at 100 feet
- First & Only with Three Inversions – a Dive Loop, a Vertical Loop and a Zero-G Roll
- First & Only with a Vertical Loop – A 95-foot tall loop
- First and Only Double Launch – 0 to 47 mph in 3 seconds; 30 to 45 mph in 3.5 seconds
Besides Time Traveler, Silver Dollar City will also be hosting several unique events throughout the 2018 season. These events include:
- Festival of Wonder- throughout April, unique acts will be shown throughout the park such as the world’s largest playable stringed instrument as well as the fire juggling and balancing acts of X-Pogo Stuntmen and CirqUnique.
- Bluegrass & BBQ- held in May.
- An Old Time Christmas-throughout November and December, the park will be hosting a Christmastime spectacular featuring 6.5 million lights.
For tickets and more information, visit the official Silver Dollar City website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
More Great Videos!