World’s First Storm Racer Waterslide Debuts at Aqualand Frejus
- A Unique Rider Experience. The slide’s streamlined, geometric path is unlike any previously designed attraction. The result is an expertly engineered waterslide that takes guests by surprise from the start of the ride when they launch from an exceptional height: 24 meters (79 feet), nearly eight stories high. The ride extends along a slide path of 87 meters (285 feet) at a speed of 11 meters (36 feet/second), nearly 40 kilometers (25 miles/hour). The tunnel start of the slide features Polin’s patented Natural Light Effects technology, and Polin’s Slide ‘n Roll feature is also available. Upon entering the slide, guests shoot through a closed tube that curves downward in a wide arc. They then are plunged into an open-bowl configuration where they experience the strength of centrifugal force as they are propelled up a wide, sweeping, curved, vertical slope. Rafts rush toward the top of the slope and – just before they seem to be ready to shoot over the edge – gravity safely pulls them backward in a reverse ride. The energy gained in this journey provides the force to propel them down and out of the bowl where their high-adrenaline journey is extended through another closed tube before ending in a splash pool or run-out. The engineering accomplishment of this slide – with its curved rather than classical slope on the uphill portion of the slide – is a major accomplishment within waterslide designs. And it is a concrete example of Polin’s customer-oriented, flexible and efficient design and engineering understanding.
- Attractively Interactive. As rafts shoot to the top of the slope, Polin Waterparks’ exclusive Watersplash sensors detect the exact high point reached by the raft. The sensors are connected to a lighting system that displays results on a score board to create a competitive adrenaline rush for the riders. At each level, the lighting system showcases another color and, if the raft makes it to the top, the Watersplash feature activates, and water splashes over the riders creating great fun and memories. Winners can be determined based on each hour of the day, day of the week or the entire season to ensure months of competition between teams.
- A Competitive Family Experience. In the past, waterslide designers have created attractions that have allowed one individual to race against another individual or multiple individuals. The Storm Racer, however, allow families – or teams – to race one another together. The inducement to test different rider impacts on the raft’s agility and speed will push competition to new extremes.
- Central Tower. The Storm Racer employs a giant central tower from which the slide launches. The use of this type of tower provides multiple benefits. First, it promises unique spectator appeal with its tower looming above guests and becoming a central point around which a park can be designed. Second, it gives facilities options, because the tower can accommodate both a single slide or two symmetrical slides.
- High Capacity. Because the Storm Racer slide uses multiple family rafts running simultaneously, the number of guests it can accommodate is 8 x 120 riders per hour. This enables multiple guests to share the excitement on the riders’ side. On the operator’s side, parks gain the advantage of easier queue management.
- Central start tower with a compact design (between the two raft-entry points)
- High capacity (120 x 8 riders per hour)
- A shared slide experience with others in the queue
- Family-raft waterslide
- Streamlined and iconic design
- Watersplash feature (with interactive lights)
- Both single or racer options available
- Indefinite theming possibilities
- L-RTM-manufactured components (please see below for further information)
- SPE, NLE and Slide ‘n Roll options available.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!